- “Pivot to Asia”: US Military Build-up in Asia, Threatening China
- President Bashar Al-Assad Full Interview with the Lebanese al-Manar TV
- Birth of a Massacre Myth: How the West Manufactured an Event that Never Occurred
- A Russian Paper Questions WHO is the REAL PROVOCATEUR in KOREA : Is It “North Korea” or the UNITED STATES?
One of Isaac Newton’s laws of physics states that «for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction». In light of French claims this week that Syrian state forces were guilty of having used chemical weapons, we may apply a variant of Newton’s law to the study of political diplomacy – for every action, expect an equal and opposite pre-action. On Wednesday morning, 5 June, around 6am local time, dramatic news came out of Syria that the Syrian Arab Army had finally retaken the strategic town of Qusair. The victory followed several weeks of heavy fighting with the Western-backed militants, who had first taken occupation of the town a year ago. Backed by the Lebanese militia of Hezbollah, the Syrian army reportedly killed thousands of the anti-government militants and routed thousands more to regain full control of Qusair.
Edward Snowden: The US Whistleblower Behind the NSA Surveillance Revelations
The 29-year-old source behind the biggest intelligence leak in the NSA’s history explains his motives, his uncertain future and why he never intended on hiding in the shadows The individual responsible for one of the most significant leaks in US political history is Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old former technical assistant for the CIA and current employee of the defence contractor Booz Allen Hamilton. Snowden has been working at the National Security Agency for the last four years as an employee of various outside contractors, including Booz Allen and Dell. The Guardian, after several days of interviews, is revealing his identity at his request. From the moment he decided to disclose numerous top-secret documents to the public, he was determined not to opt for the protection of anonymity. “I have no intention of hiding who I am because I know I have done nothing wrong,” he said.
Mass Surveillance in USA, A Timeline of Loosening Laws, Practices, …: Fascism?
On Wednesday, the Guardian published a secret court order requiring Verizon to hand over data for all the calls made on its network on an “ongoing, daily basis.”Other revelations about surveillance of phone and digital communications have followed.
That the National Security Agency has engaged in such activity isn’t entirely new: Since 9/11, we’ve learned about large-scale surveillance by the spy agency from a patchwork of official statements, classified documents, and anonymously sourced news stories. Surveillance court created After a post-Watergate Senate investigation documented abuses of government surveillance, Congress passes the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or FISA, to regulate how the government can monitor suspected spies or terrorists in the U.S. The law establishes a secret court that issues warrants for electronic surveillance or physical searches of a “foreign power” or “agents of a foreign power” (broadly defined in the law). The government doesn’t have to demonstrate probable cause of a crime, just that the “purpose of the surveillance is to obtain foreign intelligence information.”
New World Order Secrecy : Who Will Be Attending the Bilderberg Meeting? What Will Be Discussed Behind Closed Doors?
Each year, the Bilderberg venue brings together leading members of the financial and corporate elite, politicians, handpicked scholars, journalists and scientists. It is An Anglo-Western European-North American Venue with participants from 21 Western countries (i.e Western Europe, US and Canada). With the exception of British born Polish Minister of Finance, Jacek Rostowski, there are no participants from Eastern Europe, the Balkans, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East (with the exception of Turkey). There are 14 women out of 140 participants. The official website of the Bilderberg describes the venue as “a forum for informal, off-the-record discussions about megatrends and the major issues facing the world.” Semi-secrecy prevails: While crucial negotiations are undertaken leading to far-reaching decisions, Prime Ministers and Finance Ministers in attendance are participating in their personal capacity; they are required not to report to Cabinet or to the Legislature. This year’s 61st meeting is scheduled to be held at the Grove Hotel near Watford, Hertfordshire, U.K., June 6-9, 2013.
The US THREATENS Iran, Hezbollah For Backing Syria: Putin Says Doomed to Fail
The White House issued its most threatening statement yet yesterday, denouncing Iran and the Lebanese Shia movement Hezbollah as “partners in tyranny” for their support of the Assad regime in Syria. This week, Syrian government forces claimed victory in the battle for the strategic town of Qusayr, near the Lebanese border, after weeks of fighting beginning May 19. Qusayr lies along a land corridor linking Damascus and the Mediterranean coastal area that is home to Assad’s Alawite sect and is, at the same time, key to maintaining opposition supply lines to Lebanon. The battle involved Lebanon’s Shia Hezbollah militants in support of Assad, pitched against the numerous Sunni groups such as the Al Qaeda-affiliated Al Nusra Front and other foreign fighters backed by the region’s Sunni states.
- Christof Lehmann: West-backed Rebels Suffer “Stalingrad-like Defeat” in Qasair: Syria Wins Decisive Victories Nationwide
- Michel Chossudovsky: New World Order Secrecy : Who Will Be Attending the Bilderberg Meeting? What Will Be Discussed Behind Closed Doors?
- Pepe Escobar: “Friends of Jihad”: The West Love to Shed Swamps of Crocodile Tears about “the Syrian people”
- Glen Ford: Perpetual War and Obama’s Perpetual Con Game: Barack Obama a Master Trickster, Shape-shifter, and Methodical Liar
- James Petras: Austerity, Mass Unemployment and Emigration in the European Union: Ireland and the Basque Country
- Prof Craven Omahkohkiaaiipooyii: A Blackfoot’s Perspective on Zionism: Zionism as Racism and Fascism
- F. William Engdahl: The Boston Bombings and the CIA Connection. Graham Fuller and Uncle Ruslan Tsarnaev
By John Stanton
It is way too soon to bet the house fortune on the reliability of reports by the Washington Post (Washington, DC) and The Guardian (United Kingdom) on President Obama’s data harvesting program, known for the moment as PRISM . With the hot pursuit of mainstream media reporters underway by the US Department of Justice (Associated Press, for example); a US Corporate-State show trial of Bradley Manning, Julian [...]
By Colin Todhunter
Many of us have a vision, an alternative vision to the tyranny of those who control the world. But we are ridiculed, dismissed as unrealistic or subversive and told to ‘get real’. Are we destined to be the ‘I told you so bunch’? The current wholly corrupt system is edging humanity towards the precipice of [...]
By Paul B. Farrell
Capitalism is now a cult, and Jamie Dimon is the self-appointed leader of the “cult of capitalism.” That message is gleaned from a Huffington Post column by Mark Gongloff, whose headline stated that not only is the J.P. Morgan CEO and chairman a cult leader but a “very dangerous” one. Why? Because apparently shareholders [...]
By Tim Gatto / The 4th Media News
The protests against the Monsanto Protection Act were not covered by the corporately run news media in the United States. This treacherous act itself has not been discussed by the majority of people and the information about what it really means to us is being hidden by those charged to provide this information. The very [...]
By Abayomi Azikiwe
U.S. imperialist militarism on the continent seeks to maintain dominance over growing efforts aimed at genuine independence There has been a considerable amount of discussion and debate over the growing economic and political relations between the People’s Republic of China and the African Union member-states. China is reported now to be the largest trading partner with the 54 independent states on the continent. Since the 1949 Socialist Revolution in China, the country has made tremendous strides in economic development and political status. In just six-and-a-half decades China has grown into the second largest economic power globally. Beijing’s opinions and political alliances are always taken into consideration by various imperialist states as well as developing countries of the so-called Global South.
By Paul Craig Roberts
The payroll jobs report for May released today continues the fantasy. Goods producing jobs declined, with manufacturing losing another 4,000 jobs, but the New Economy produced 179,000 service jobs. Are these jobs the high-powered, high-wage “innovation jobs” that economists promised would be our reward from Globalism. I’m afraid not. According to the Bureau of Labor [...]
- Unprecedented Wealth, Debt Slavery and Conditioned Consciousness
- The REAL Reason Housing Prices Have Skyrocketed
- Globalism’s Gift: High Unemployment, Low Wages, Financial Crises and the Erosion of the Dollar: The Social Costs of Capitalism
- The US Fiat Dollar Ponzi Scheme: Digital Money Used to Purchase Toxic Assets from the “Too Big To Fail” Global Banks
Al Gore, Former US Vice President, “Secret Blanket Surveillance,” “Obscenely Outrageous”: Prison America
By Tov Roy / The 4th Media News
Following the brutal interruption, I was forced to spend many hours in salvation works. Instead of concentrating in that mindless task, I planned the next article to be published. Was something missing in It is not Terror if We do It? Its having triggered State-violence showed it wasn’t too bad. Yet, since writing [...]
By Kevin Zeese/Margaret Flowers
Early in the morning of July 16, 1979, a 20-foot section of the earthen dam blocking the waste pool for the Church Rock Uranium Mill caved in and released 95 million gallons of highly acidic fluid containing 1,100 tons of radioactive material. The fluid and waste flowed into the nearby Puerco River, traveling 80 miles [...]
- Monsanto: Contamination By All Means Necessary
- Monsanto a Ticking Time Bomb for U.S. Agriculture: Japan Halts Imports of U.S. Wheat after USDA’s Finding of Genetic Pollution from GMOs
- Food Justice: Monsanto, Factory Farming, and Beyond
- America’s GM Grain Surpluses: Sowing the Seeds of Famine in Ethiopia
Perpetual War and Obama’s Perpetual Con Game: Barack Obama a Master Trickster, Shape-shifter, and Methodical Liar
By Glen Ford / The 4th Media News
Barack Obama is a master trickster, a shape-shifter, and a methodical liar. The man who has arrogated to himself the right to kill at will, anywhere on the globe, accountable only to himself, based on secret information and classified legal rationales, now says he is determined that Washington’s “perpetual war” must one day end – [...]
- West-backed Rebels Suffer “Stalingrad-like Defeat” in Qasair: Syria Wins Decisive Victories Nationwide
- Will Australian Labor Remain Principled and Fall on Its Own Sword?
- Political Implications of Burgeoning Africa-China Relations
- Humanitarian Crisis in Syria: “The West Should Pay War Reparations to Syria” Interview with Michel Chossudovsky
- New World Order Secrecy : Who Will Be Attending the Bilderberg Meeting? What Will Be Discussed Behind Closed Doors?
- West-backed Rebels Suffer “Stalingrad-like Defeat” in Qasair: Syria Wins Decisive Victories Nationwide